Parmesan crusted chicken The Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a very simple recipe that is perfect for eating a weeknight dinner, but it also is so delicious you could work for the company. The chicken is really tender and the coating adds a delicious cheese garlic flavor.
There’s a reason this is one of the most popular dishes on taste and look – do not take my word for it … try it out for yourself
I know what you want – this is what we all want! More options for delicious, quick, and easy weeknight dinners – perfect! This Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe fits the bill perfectly. It’s easy enough to make for a quick weeknight dinner but also elegant enough to serve for the company.
I didn’t really think about it, but I guess in a way I’m gifting this recipe again. It comes directly from the plains of Oklahoma. Our dear friends Todd and Allison made it for us when we lived there many years ago.
I remember it fresh … Jojo greeting us at the door dancing pee-pee and maybe giving a little slip (we eventually went out of the greeting – you know, the less clean-up way that is). Let me clarify, Jojo was his beloved Pomeranian.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
The most delectable garlic and inferiority smell of waffling through the air. Atomic Salad put the finishing touches on Todd (now that’s a recipe you really want for you). (Prayer she didn’t take it upon him) Allison is entertaining us, getting us drinks and Todd offers to help. She is not much of a cook, but she can set an average table and make you laugh – a lot. Love that girl!
Then the moment we all waited for … the most mouthwatering meal anyone could ask for sitting down. What I can say is that we are good friends and have always enjoyed some great times with amazing food. Thanks, Todd and Al!
As you can tell this recipe holds a special place in my heart and in my belly. It’s a really simple recipe but super tasty. So if cooking isn’t your jam, this recipe will be.
It’s so easy – you literally mix, dip and bake. The chicken comes out golden on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. I love the fact that you get that nice crusted chicken without having to fry it!!
How to make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Slice chicken breasts in half: makes them thinner without pounding them so they cook fast.
Season to start the flavor-romance: I use Italian seasoning but you can use whatever you have — just make sure you love it.
Dip in a garlicky egg wash: fresh garlic is best but you CAN sub with garlic powder. Use 1 teaspoon.
Coat in parmesan/almond flour mixture.
Fry to crispy, golden heaven for 4 minutes on each side. Cook in an olive oil/butter mixture. You can use either or both together as we always do. I find the butter/oil mixture yields perfect golden-crust results.
The temperature should be set to medium-high to prevent the cheese from burning and leaving you with under-cooked chicken on the inside.
CRISPY PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
Golden, Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast Tastes Like Just Parmesan without Carb-Loaded Guilt! Keto Approved, Gluten Free Recipe for Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast.
PREPTION TIME :10 MINS
COOK TIME :8 MINS
TOTAL TIME:18 MINS
- 1-pound 500g chicken breasts, (2 large breasts)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour, (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets. Generously season with Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place chicken in the egg wash and set aside to let marinate.
- Combine the parmesan cheese and almond flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Using a fork or tongs, pick up one of the chicken breast pieces and allow excess egg wash to drip off. Dredge in the parmesan mixture, pressing chicken lightly into the coating with the back of the fork, then turn and repeat. Shake off excess coating and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat oil and butter in a large NON-STICK skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry 2 chicken pieces at a time UNTOUCHED for (about 4 minutes). Do not move chicken around as the coating may peel off of the surface of the chicken before it gets a chance to stick!
- Once the coating is crispy, golden and set, flip and continue frying on other side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
To check if your chicken is golden on the underside, give it a gentle push with a spatula after 3 minutes of cooking. If it moves or slides in the grease, use nonstick tongs to lift a corner of the breast to check. If golden, flip and repeat.
TO MAKE AHEAD:
*If time allows, marinate chicken overnight in the egg wash for a deeper flavor. Cover with wrap and refrigerate, then take it out at least 15 minutes before cooking to help get the chill out.
You CAN totally air fry your chicken!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray uncooked crumbed chicken all over with olive oil spray.
- Place two chicken breasts in air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and air fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
Serve with our popular buttery cauliflower mash for the ultimate low carb meal!